MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS FINANCIAL MODELING
Private and Public ‘M&A and Start-Ups’ Must Have The Best Financial Model
27 – 29 AUGUST 2018
ENQUIRY: +66 (0) 2158 9892 | +66 (0) 89 692 9900
How to avoid overpaying! – Prepare yourself by modeling all components of your M&A
transaction from the Targets original and sensitized Business Plan, your desired Deal
Structure to Due Diligence, Synergies, Integration Cost, Financing Implications
Financial modeling is one of the most important aspects in any mergers and acquisitions. It is often the center piece of the entire M&A process that drives the overall valuation and sets the financial expectations in your acquisitions. Understanding how to build and set-up your M&A models to quickly understand the impact of price negotiations is a key component when building your M&A models.
In this 3-day intensive program on Mergers and Acquisitions Financial Modeling, you will learn how to construct a full merger model that incorporates sophisticated M&A concepts. The course is designed to combine key concepts with hands on modeling experience to ensure that you will not miss any of the above mentioned essentials when building your M&A model. The step by step approach will take you from A to Z ensuring that all major concepts are incorporated.
COURSE LEADER: THOMAS KESSLER
Thomas has been involved in over 32 major transactions with a total valuation of more than US$20 billion from large to mid-sized transactions and related integrations.
• With over 23 years of M&A experience, Thomas Kessler has led major landmark and some of the most successful M&A deals around the world – including Deutsche Post acquisition of Global Mail, Goodyear Sumitomo Rubber merger, Avaya Global Connect joint venture with Tata and Albany International and Geshmay group merger.
• His successful deal transactions have been selected by Harvard as part of Harvard Business School case studies on mergers and acquisitions
• Accomplished faculty leader who has taught in institutions like the KPMG Zürich University, PWC European Center of Excellence and more
KEY BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
In this 3-day intensive program on Mergers and Acquisitions Financial Modeling, you will learn how to construct a full merger model that incorporates sophisticated M&A concepts. With hands- on and interactive exercises, you will learn how to establish the right valuation benchmark for your acquisition, model the financial impact of your transaction – including earnings, synergies and cash flow analysis and review how to handle different acquisition financing features. In addition to equipping you with financial modeling skills, this program will explore the concepts on deal structuring, deal structures and sophisticated concepts on synergies by using largely successful synergies templates used by MNCs and mid-sized companies alike.
KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES
• Financial Modeling for Private and Public Mergers & Acquisitions and Start-ups
• Structuring the Deal – Understand how to structure an M&A deal and set up your financial model to take into account different deal structures
• Valuation -Model the value of your target utilizing different valuation methods and set the right purchase price for the acquisition
• Synergy Analysis – Value the synergies derived from the acquisition
• Financial Impact of Acquisition – Model the financial impact of your transaction, including EPS accretion/dilution, contribution analysis, pro-forma financial statements and other financial consequences
• Financing the Acquisition – Build a flexible funding structure and derive the cash flow required to finance the acquisition
• Financial Forecasting – Forecast the financials of the combined entity, understand credit issues and leverage ratios
• Strategic Planning – Perform sensitivity and scenario analysis
This executive program combines an intensive discussion on all key elements of the M&A Life Cycle with cases, war stories, case studies by leading MBA schools such as Harvard and in-depth group exercises. Participants will be introduced to concepts methods and tools while sharing their experience with those the faculty gained over 23 years in M&A, corporate finance and pre and post merger integration.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This highly interactive program is designed for all C-level and senior level executives (SVP, VP, MD, Director, Head) who are involved in M&A or who are in these roles or related ones: CFO, Finance, Financial Controller, Banking, Treasury, Accounting, Strategic Planning / Management, Corporate Planning / Strategy, Group Strategy, Business Planning / Analysis / Development, Private Equity / Venture Capital, Investor / Investing, Valuation
A COMPANY LIST OF RECENT ATTENDEES
TNA Australia, Australia Post, Rehau, CRBE, Kostal, Unilever, Atlas Copco, Selex, Varo Energy, Dynacare, Manitoba Harvest, Sika, Elektrolux, PCCW Global, Johnson Controls, Messe Frankfurt, Messe Munich, Deutsche Bank, Kuwait Finance House, Tenaga Nasional, Malaysia Airports, Iskandar Investment, MiniFAB, BSH, Qorvo