‘THAILAND’ EMPLOYMENT LAW
REGULATION & PRECEDENT CASE’ Masterclass 2018
27 – 28 MARCH 2018
ENQUIRY: +66 (0) 2158 9892 | +66 (0) 89 692 9900
GRASP KEY POINTS OF THAI LABOR LAW & PROVEN LEGAL STRATEGIES IN 2 DAYS
This English-speaking Program is specially designed to provide both International & Thai executives with an in-depth & comprehensive knowledge on Thailand Labour Laws, Employment Regulation & Precedent Cases.
The aim is to avoid any potential unlawful practices, employment & labour disputes. Throughout this course, key types of employment contracts mostly practiced in Thailand will be covered. You will learn how to apply them with confidence, and make decision on the salary/wage/benefit schemes applied when employing or terminating employees, especially
• Strategies & efficient methods to deal with expatriates working in Thailand and how to handle people issues during Merger & Acquisition
• Key strategies and effective techniques to prevent labour strikes & develop successful labour relations with the Unions and groups of employee
• Case studies & assignments from precedent legal cases and real experiences will draw key insights and the best practices for your future applications.
• Key pitfalls & lessons to minimise company’s potential risks & avoid litigation of wrongful termination will be scrutinised for practical solutions.
COURSE LEADER: Mr. Tada Sastarasatit, Senior Partner, SIAM CITY LAW Offices Ltd.
With almost 30 years of experiences in the field, Tada has counseled and represented numerous foreign and private corporations and organizations in various arbitration proceedings, including the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the Thai Arbitration Institute (TAI) and the Board of Trade’s Commercial Arbitration Rules. At Siam City Law Offices Limited, Tada leads the Employment Law Practice Group as well as litigation and arbitration proceedings. He is an experienced commercial litigator and dispute resolution lawyer, whose practice mainly focuses on various aspects of business law, including construction disputes and labour & employment related matters. He received LL.B from Thammasat University and barrister-at-law from the Institute of Legal Education. Tada was also called to the Bar (“Gray’s Inn”) in England and Wales.
• Applicable laws on Labour & Employment
• Employment Relationship
• Types of Employment
• Salary vs Wages vs. Benefits
• Restrictive Covenants
• Mergers & Acquisitions/Change of Employer
• Labour Union vs. Employees’ Committee
• Potential Liabilities on Termination of Employment
• Labour Case Handling
• Employer’s Misconceptions/Misinterpretations
• Problems Facing Expatriates Working in Thailand
• Practical Aspects in Drafting Employment Agreements