ENHANCING ‘PUBLIC SECTOR’ PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT
Effective Metrics, KPIs and Scorecards to Ensure Alignment with Strategic Plan
ENQUIRY: +66 (0) 2158 9892 (TH) | +66 (0) 97 936 6304 (ENGLISH LINE)
With growing budgetary pressures and increasing demand for greater financial accountability, public sector performance has come to be the center of public attention. Yet, many public sector leaders are unclear about the long-term strategy and social outcome that their organization aims to deliver. Without out-come driven performance measures, public sector professionals are unable to effectively enhance their performance. Thus, it is important for public sector professionals to understand how to effectively use KPIs, metrics and scorecards and to align them with overall organizational strategy.
Designed for professionals in the public sector, this program will prepare you with strategic planning and performance measurement tools that enhance your organization’s long-term performanceLed by Dr. Michael Court, a leading expert in balanced scorecard development, management and implementation, you will learn how to carry out strategic planning in the public sector and identify key performance indicators from vision and mission to align performance measures with long-term strategic plans. At the end of the program, you will walk away with practical strategies and steps to improve your organization’s performance in delivering better public services.
Through case studies and hands-on exercise, you will also learn to effectively implement a performance measurement system in the organization to gain buy-in, overcome resistance and create a performance culture. Last but not least, you will be able to use balanced scorecard to link your organization’s mission and strategic plans with performance metrics to create sustainable performance improvement. At the end of the program, you will walk away with practical strategies and steps to improve your organization’s performance in delivering better public services.
- Learn about current practices of public sector performance measurement around the world
- Learn to use the logic model to develop an effective performance measurement framework
- Explore a range of KPIs, metrics and measures to effectively measure policy outcomes
- Learn how to use strategic planning to guide the overall direction of the organization
- Use the Balanced Scorecard methodology to align performance measures to strategy
- Identify key performance measurements from organizational Strategic Plans
- Effectively implement a performance measurement system in the organization to achieve sustained improvement in service delivery
WHO WILL BENEFIT THE MOST
This program is designed for but not limited to civil servants, Non-profit professionals, policy advisors, councillors in public agencies and government-owned entities from federal, state and municipal level and not-for-profit organisations.