The Capabilities, Processes, Tools and Disciplines for Successful Strategy Implementation
ENQUIRY: +66 (0) 2158 9892 (TH) | +66 (0) 97 936 6304 (ENGLISH LINE)
“Planning is relatively easy – the difficult bit is to deliver what we have planned” – this general theme is universally recognised by business management.
This carefully structured programme addresses directly the underlying challenges of achieving successful strategy execution. Upon completion of this course, you will
- Understand the key components of a successful strategy management system
- Develop an Execution Toolkit to take back to your organisation
- Learn about the principal processes necessary to support making your strategy work.
- Find out the key cultural / behavioural factors that require proactive management, and which frequently act as the # 1 blockage to successful strategy implementation.
WHY ‘STRATEGY EXECUTION’ IS THE ‘WAKE UP CALL’ FOR ALL EXECUTIVES?
It is commonly accepted that 70% of organisations fail to deliver their chosen strategy – and therefore to reach their overall goals / vision. This remarkable failure rate reflects common every-day behaviour – we find it very easy to promise (“I’ll phone you back in 5 minutes”) but then easy to find an excuse for not doing so.
The focus of the 2 days is implementation, NOT planning. Of course, you need to have a plan to be able to execute it, but the first theme of this course is not planning as such, but rather the need to define and document the already agreed plan in a manner which then facilitates ownership and execution.
The course will include a range of case studies, including some based upon the wide experiences from Alan Fell’s long career.
Delegates are requested to bring their laptops to support a number of hands-on iividual or team exercises throughout the course.
KEY REASONS TO ATTEND
Our intensive and highly interactive course is arranged around 3 main themes
- The crucial importance of having a chosen business strategy that is clearly defined, facilitates ownership and measurement, and is cascaded / aligned throughout the organisation. Do we have a clear strategy..?
- The key processes necessary to support successful strategy implementation / execution
- The key cultural / behavioural requirements to support (rather than to block) successful delivery of the chosen strategy. Noting Peter Drucker’s famous quote – “culture eats strategy for breakfast”
2 DAY INTENSIVE & INTERACTIVE AGENDA
- Introduction plus clarifying the Vision & Goals
- Defining the Strategy
- Cascading Strategy and achieving an Aligned Organisation.
- Strategy Co-ordination and Management: the “Strategy Office”
- Strategy Focused Organisation (SFO) – how good are your organisations strategy management processes ?
- Effective Monitoring of Strategic Progress
- Cultural overview, plus Change Management & Communication
- Performance Culture and Accountability
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is designed for anyone who is responsible for preparing and implementing business plans and proposals. It is ideal for people who have to propose new business ideas to people in their own company – at any level such as planning, finance, accounts, development, operations, business development, strategic planning, business process re-engineering and strategy.