THAILAND EMPLOYMENT LAWS
for FOREIGN EXECUTIVES
THAILAND EMPLOYMENT LAWS for FOREIGN EXECUTIVES
This Intensive Course is specially designed to provide you with an in-depth & comprehensive knowledge on Thailand Labour Laws & Employment Regulation. The aim is to avoid any potential unlawful practices, employment & labour disputes. Throughout this course, you will learn important legal updates on employment issues. In addition, key types of employment contracts mostly practiced in Thailand will also be covered. You will learn how to draft them with confidence, and make decision on the salary/wage/benefit schemes applied when employing or terminating employees. Strategies & efficient methods to deal with expatriates working in Thailand and how to handle people issues during various situations will be explained. Case studies & assignments from precedent legal cases and real experiences will be used to draw key insights and the best practices for your future applications. In particular, key pitfalls & lessons to minimize company’s potential risks and avoid the litigation of wrongful termination will be scrutinized to minimize corporate legal risks.
COURSE LEADER :
• Mr. Tada Sastarasatit, Former Senior Partner, Siam City Law Offices Ltd.
• Ms. Chanakarn Boonyasith, Attorney-at-Law, Siam City Law Offices GP Limited
• Ms. Nuttaros Tangprasitti, Partner, Siam City Law Offices GP Limited
KEY MASTERCLASS HIGHLIGHTS
1. Legal Updates on Key Employment Issues
2. Visa & Work Permit
3. Employment Relationship
4. Types of Employment
5. Salary vs Wages vs Benefits
6. Sexual Harassment
7. Restrictive Covenants
8. Potential Liabilities on Termination of Employment
9. Labour Case Handling
10. Problems Facing Expatriates Working in Thailand
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
Thailand’s new Labour Laws, Regulations and Policies are increasing complex and sometimes confusing when coupled with labour incidents, strikes and disputes within the country. Several changes in national economic policies, political transitions, environmental problems have increased Corporate Legal Risks regarding Employment and Labour Relation. Major labour-related incidents include the disaster of massive flood the introduction of Minimum Wage Policy in and the latest Supreme Court Decision on HR Outsourcing, for instance.
It is therefore critical for all executives and employers to develop an in-depth knowledge and solid understanding of Thailand’s labour law & latest regulations on employment so as to avoid potential unlawful practices & labour dispute. It is also crucial to ensure legal compliance and minimize corporate financial risks.
This 2 Day Intensive Course is specially designed for executives and employers as well as HR professionals. It aims to provide you with an in-depth & comprehensive knowledge on Thailand Labour Laws & Employment Regulation, so that you can avoid any potential unlawful practices, employment & labour disputes. Throughout this practical program, major labour laws and legal issues will be examined and discussed. Case studies & assignments from precedent legal cases and real experiences will be used to draw key insights and the best practices for your future applications. In particular, key pitfalls & lessons to minimize company’s potential risks and avoid the litigation of wrongful termination will be scrutinized to minimize corporate legal risks.
• How to draft key employment contracts practiced in Thailand
• How to make decision on the salary/wage/benefit schemes applied when employing or terminating employees.
• How to deal with expatriates working in Thailand
• How to handle people issues in various difficult situations
KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES
• Grasp the big picture of Thailand Labour Law & Employment Regulation as well as the critical legal issues
underpinning the current relationship between employer and employee
• Acquire Key Insight into Various Types of Employment Contracts and how to Draft them with the Confidence
of being Lawful, Fair and Consistent
• Gain Know-How on Salary/Wage/Benefits when employing and terminating employees
• Learn Proven Method to avoid unfair labour practices & handle labour-related litigation
• The Process and Potential Impact of terminating employees and how employers be prepared
• Be well aware of the common problems regarding Expatriates working in Thailand and how to solve them
• Be aware of Thailand Labour Court Proceedings and proven practices to avoid labour disputes and litigation